· I can determine two or more main ideas of a text and summarize the text.
· I can read and comprehend literature, at the high end of 5th grade by the end of the year, (Level V-W)
· I can decode grade level words.
· I can determine the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words on a 5th grade reading level.
· I can write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
· I can write informative/explanatory texts.
· I can write narratives with details and clear event sequences.
· I can conduct short research projects that use several sources.
· I can participate in-group discussions and express my ideas clearly.
· I can report on a topic or present an opinion and speak clearly.
· I can use proper English grammar when writing or speaking.
· I can use proper capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
· I can read, write, and compare decimals to thousandths.
· I can multiply multi-digit whole numbers.
· I can divide whole numbers up to four-digit dividends and two-digit divisors.
· I can add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths.
· I can add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers).
· I can multiply a fraction or whole number by a fraction.
· I can divide fractions by whole numbers and whole numbers by fractions.
· I can convert standard units of measurement within a given measurement system.
· I can understand concepts of volume measurement.
· I can plot an ordered pair (x and
y-coordinate) on a coordinate plane.
· I can classify two-dimensional figures based on properties.
· I can evaluate expressions with parentheses, brackets, or braces.